"Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, but today is a gift- that's why it is called the PRESENT." -Kung Fu Panda

Monday, August 24, 2009

surfing is the coolest thing ever!

Ok so for the past 6 weeks I've been taking a summer school surfing class through San Diego State & it's been a ton of fun! Last Wednesday was the last day of class & Stan was able to go with me- it just so happened to be the best surf day I've ever had! If anyone has ever surfed before, you know that it is a lot harder than it looks- you have to stand up at just the right time or you get dumped on your head. I'd been able to stand up on the little white wash waves, but on Wednesday I caught my first real big wave, stood up in time, and went right! It was the longest ride I've ever had! And the best part was that Stanley caught the same wave and rode it right next to me :) it was so exciting! What a rush!!!! (yes, I know I'm a dork)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Freakin' Sweet!

Fiagle Family said...

lol you are so funny...and not a dork. Way to go (as dad would say) :) Great job

AZ Owen's said...

ha, thats not dorky. just nerdy. jk

Unknown said...

Yay Lyssa!!! Ahhh, now I wanna go surfing so bad.... Dang it. I wish I handn't gotten accepted into my major out here. Our plan was that if I didn't we were going to move to SD in December. :( It's okay though. We still plan on moving there sometime...