"Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, but today is a gift- that's why it is called the PRESENT." -Kung Fu Panda

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Stan's Birthday!


On Monday Stan turned 24! He had a pretty great birthday. The Saturday before, we went surfing in the morning then shopping to get him a new wet suit (his family & I pitched in to get him a new one- his old one had holes...kinda defeats the purpose). After that Rachel took us out to lunch at Hodads-the best burger place in San Diego! It's a hole in the wall little place, but their burgers are so delicious & their service is great...plus they serve the food on long surfboards that they turned into tables, so that's cool! That evening we had a BBQ at our friend Ed's house, it was nice to relax and hang out with everybody. On his actual birthday, Stan got up and went surfing & saw dolphins! He was paddling out & they were riding a wave towards him, then dove beneath him! How cool is that?! Good way to start of a birthday. That night we got pizza from Mona Lisa's, this great Italian place his family used to go to a lot, then just hung out at home. It was really nice :)


Pictures: Stan blowing out the candles on his raspberry cake; Stan & Ed grilling burgers &hot dogs; Stan wearing Parrot glasses & drinking out of a cocnut, food from the BBQ (I experimented with a fruit bouqet thing), us right after surfing










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Stan! Looks like you guys had fun. All the food looks yummy too :)

AZ Owen's said...

Dang stan, youre old.

Unknown said...

How fun!! I'm bummed Bob and I couldn't have been there to celebrate. I'm glad it was such a good day! Happy-late-Birthday, Stan!