So my doctors decided my gallbladder was being a real nuisance, so they took it out! I had the surgery on Tuesday, then I finally got to come home yesterday! Stan was excited that I got to come home, but I feel bad because now he has to run around & get things for me (he's probably not so excited anymore haha). Leaving the hospital was really overwhelming, which surprised me- then again, I was in the same room for 9 days & the farthest I walked that whole time was down the hall & back, so eh, I guess I got too used to being in a safe little bubble. It feels good to be home though. I have 4 small incisions on my belly & I'm quickly realizing how much I use my abs for everything! This whole hospital/surgery experience has taught me to really appreciate Stanley (my amazing hubby who would hang out with me everynight & watch Lost at the hospital- eventhough he had to sit in one of those uncomfortable metal fold out chairs-& he would bring me things I needed), family & friends who visited me & texted me& brought me things to entertain myself (Richard & Lindsey came to town that weekend & ended up playing games with me/thanks for flying down dad&mom!!), being able to eat and drink (ANYTHING), being able to move (as in stand up, sit down, roll onto my side- the basics), being able to use conditioner & my own shower!!! (I think my hair has turned into one giant dredlock- so gross!!!!!). It could have been a whole lot worse, but I'm just glad to be home!! Now time to frantically catch up on homework! Vacation is over haha! :)
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Glad to hear you are doing better and they finally figured it out. I had to have my Gall Bladder out just a couple weeks after I gave birth to Adyson, it felt like labor all over again--just a little higher, so I can totally sympathize with you. And isn't it amazing that they can do just 4 little incisions and take a whole organ out? But, just a side note-whether you wanna hear it or not, that little incision right above my belly button is not looking real nice right now at 8.5 months pregnant.
Glad to hear you are feeling much better. Gall Bladder must run in the Haddock genes. I think we all have experienced the pain.
Lyssa...Hope all is going better! Text or call whenever you need ANYTHING! I love so close! love you!
Oh my gosh, I am so glad you are FINALLY home!! 9 days is 9 too long. We miss you...If you need anything...or want anything...just let us know!
Geesh - doesn't sound like a fun vacation at all! I can't believe you had to stay locked up for 9 days - how miserable! Take it easy so you don't over do it for a few days.
Glad you are home and doing well..I wish I could have seen some pictures of that dreadlock! haha.
yeah, i laughed at the dreadlock description! Hope you recover soon!
Hey Lyssa- glad things are looking up. I have a card to send to you but your mom left before she gave me your address! Email it to me, or it will wait until she gets back! Hang in there kiddo!
this isnt really part of you gallbladder but i have a blog and it is krystalhappenings.blogspot.com and most of it is about college.
Post a Comment